The halfway point is always the point in which I think to myself, “I just might be able to make this happen again!”
I am really trying to mix up the types of treats I am presenting to you, as not everyone wants sugar cookies and gingerbread men. Sometimes, people want mini muffins!
Adorable, sweet (but not too sweet) and dotted with chocolate (the best!) these muffins are bite sized and definitely a crowd pleaser. And even better, I was able to bake all 48 at once thanks in part to my wonderful 48 mini muffin tin I snatched (well, I payed of course) from Target a few years back from the clearance section…Heyy-o!!!Whether you are attending any one of the numerous holiday events this year, or simply need a snack for little Jimmy’s class, these mini chocolate chip banana muffins are just the thing. By pass the prepackaged ones and go for the real legit homemade ones, you definitely won’t be disappointed.
Oh, and Christmas is 19 days away…how did this happen so quick?!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat.
- Add bananas, milk and lemon juice.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and add to wet ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spray mini muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray, or line with liners, and fill with batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown on top, being sure to rotate the pan halfway through the baking time.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes in the pan.
- Remove muffins from the pan and place on a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely prior to putting in an airtight container.