Well we are almost halfway through this Holiday adventure, and I don’t know about you, but I’m sure enjoying myself.
Yesterday we went to Target and per usual checked out the clearance backing rack…good idea. Steven picked up a package of Pumpkin Spice Chips…SCORE! I had looked for them in October with no luck, and now they were on sale! I definitely considered myself one lucky lady.
I went right home and proceeded to bake these super tasty bars.
These pumpkin spice chips are SO delicious and the bars would make a great breakfast, snack, or dessert.
The bars themselves are buttery (in a good way of course) and super soft…the way blondies are meant to be crafted (errr baked?).
Dip them in your coffee, milk, or eat them by themselves, but whatever you do, definitely eat at least one!
- 1 heaping cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 3/4 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup and 1/3 cup Pumpkin Spice Morsels, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8x8 in pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup morsels. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup morsels.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown, rotating pan halfway through the baking time. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered.