Puppy Chow, that nostalgic treat that brings us all back to elementary school snack time and cartons of cold milk.
I am pretty certain the idea of Puppy Chow (Muddy Buddies for some of you) does not need to be sold to anyone. Sugar coated chocolate and peanut butter covered Chex? Sign me right up!
And I get to shake the shit out of a bag until the insides are evenly coated with powdered sugar?
Right on! AmIright?!
I’m going to keep this post real short and sweet, so you can get on transporting back to your childhood.
Get on it!
- 9 cups Chex Cereal (your choice; rice, corn, chocolate...)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2cups powdered sugar
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on parchment paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.